What do you believe?

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How many times have you said or done something you regret? Something you needed forgiveness for? Something you needed compassion for? Something you needed mercy for? I've heard many people say that they have no regrets.

Well, I do.

There are so many times I've said the wrong thing, or done the wrong thing, and immediately or eventually regretted it. I've needed forgiveness, compassion, and mercy more times than I can count. Not just from God, but from people. I want and NEED these things almost everyday, so why would I even think about not giving them? The Word says clearly that God is not mocked, and whatever a man sows, that is what he'll reap.

I love the Word! I'm so thankful that God already has a plan for us to be free from the guilt of regret. If we can find it in the Word, we can certainly have it!

This was a scripture in my devotion this morning: And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you.

I want to be useful, helpful, kind, tenderhearted, compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted, forgiving READILY AND FREELY. Do people who have hurt me deserve that? No. Do I deserve that? NO. Thank God we don't get what we deserve. We get what we believe for. I believe the Word! I believe that if Ephesians 4:32 says for me to "become" all those things, then that's what I choose to become. THAT is God's plan for my life. Seeing something in His Word, and then believing it.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP